Diaper rash Do’s and Don’ts
Moms, I am going to talk about what is Diaper rash and its causes and how you can treat or prevent it.Diaper rash is a rash which is developed on the body of the baby where he wears his diapers.It is a type of skin inflammation where that area of your precious little one becomes red and swollen.
There are many CAUSES of diaper rash.It is really common in babies and children between the age group 0 to 5 years suffer from it during a given point of time.
- Infrequent changing of diapers: Sometimes due to the hectic lifestyle we tend to forget to change our precious little one’s diapers.He may be in the same dirty or wet diaper for a long time which ultimately can cause diaper rash.It is recommended that diapers should be changed every two hours.Newborn baby urinates quite often.After 6 months of age, the frequency lowers down.It is best to not let the nappy get SUPER heavy. Nappies having poos in it should be changed immediately.
- Quality of diaper: Never ever comprise with the quality of the diapers to save some money.Sometimes the material of the nappy is not good and is not suited to your little one’s delicate skin.So you must always buy high-quality diapers
- Teething or illness: I had noticed that whenever my baby was teething he had diaper rash. Even though the connection between the two has not been proved by the doctors.
- Food Allergies: Some kids may have a food intolerance or food allergy.Some babies may have an allergy to citrus food like tomatoes.So when they eat these kinds of food they have loose motions which ultimately can lead to diaper rash.
There are several ways you can treat or prevent diaper rash.It is always good to take necessary steps in order to avoid diaper rash because prevention is better than cure.
- Nappy/ Diaper free time: It can easily be done with a little perseverance.It is really important to have nappy free time each and every day so that your little one can know what he needs to do when he wants to pee.
- Quality of Diapers: Always buy diapers which are of good quality. Don’t try to buy the diapers which are on clearance or are on sale to save some money.By doing such things some diapers may result in a rash on your baby’s delicate skin.
- Pay attention to your child,s diet: Sometimes your baby cannot digest certain kind of food. I have usually observed that kids do have an allergy to peanuts, eggs, milk or seafood.So when you find a rash on your little one’s delicate skin, pay attention to their diet and try to find the culprit which causes a rash on the skin.
- Diaper cream: Try to use the thick heavy cream on the diaper area of your baby.It will prevent any kind of rash in that area.There are many types of bottom creams available in the market but buy the cream which is all natural and free from any type of chemicals.I used sudocream for my little one.
You can watch my video on my youtube channel.Link to the video- Click here.
How do you prevent Diaper rash? I would love to know your methods to avoid it.
422 total views, 2 views today